Saturday, March 21, 2015

A Mixtape from Ben Lee

This is good stuff! Most compilations have fillers or a varying quality of songs. This hasn't.
Start to listen to tracks 1, 2, 6, 9.


Ben says: "This album began as an exploration of songwriting. I decided to write songs for different voices, and invite these singers to perform them. My dear friend Sam Spiegel offered to produced the record I had conceptualized, and we began working on the collaboration in earnest in 1998. 
Over the next 6 or 7 years we continued to record intermittently. All kinds of wonderful musicians came by and offered their help with recording. I should have kept better notes during the sessions but I know you can hear Eric Gardner, James Valentine, Rusty Logsdon and Alfredo Ortiz amongst many others. I am grateful to everyone who played a part in these recordings, large or small, remembered or forgotten."

No comments:

Post a Comment