Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Brandon Schott - You Take My Breath Away

You Take My Breath Away, the new single by Brandon Schott, is out now.

Brandon says: "It was 5 years ago to the day on Feb 26th that I found out I was cancer free, it's a big anniversary for me and my family.
'You Take My Breath Away' dates back a few years. I wrote it and recorded it for my Grandmother Judy's wedding to an amazing man named John Anderson on the beach in Sarasota, Florida in the summer of 2009. Unfortunately, a couple years later he was diagnosed with stage three lung cancer and passed in August 2012. The day he died, I was working on background vocals for another song. I just kind of redirected the emotion as the day went on, and at the end of the session I excised only those parts recorded that day and arranged a new accapella piece called 'Now', which is the closer for this set."

Proceeds from the sale of this single will be turned around to The Benjamin Center in Santa Monica, CA - a branch of the Cancer Support Community.

No comments:

Post a Comment